Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can anyone recommend any Yeast-Free Diet recipes or meal/snack ideas? Or tips on how to stay on track?

My wife has just gone onto a Yeast-Free diet and is struggling as she has a sweet tooth and is missing the suger and especially the chocolate. She has been suffering headaches, tiredness and mood swings.





Can anyone offer tips on what she can do to stay on track or even any foods she can eat a little to treat herself?





Recipes or ideas for snacks in particular - and also breakfasts, lunches and dinners - would be helpful. Anything you can offer would be appreciated.Can anyone recommend any Yeast-Free Diet recipes or meal/snack ideas? Or tips on how to stay on track?
Wow, this is a very challenging diet. I went on it after I had my first child. The best thing to do is focus on what you CAN eat. Here is a list:





Proteins:


Eggs


Beef


Chicken


Seafood


Turkey


Pork


Lamb


Duck


Pheasant


Goose


Veal


Cornish Hen


Nuts, Peanut Butter, Almond and Cashew Butter





Vegetables:


Asparagus


Avocado


Beets


Broccoli


Carrots (limited)


Cauliflower


Celery


Eggplant


Green Beans


Leaf Vegetables (Lettuce, Kale, Collards, Mustard, Greens, Swiss Chard)


Onions


Peas


Peppers


Potatoes (in moderation)


Radishes


Squash


Tomatoes


Turnips





Misc:


Oatmeal


Hummus


Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin, Sesame)








I have some recipes on my website that might work for your wife's diet. Here is the link to one for sesame crackers that does not have any yeast or leavening in it; high in protein, it is one of my favorites:





http://www.elanaspantry.com/2007/05/03/s鈥?/a>





I hope this helps and good luck to your wife. I felt great after I did this diet, it was more than worth it.Can anyone recommend any Yeast-Free Diet recipes or meal/snack ideas? Or tips on how to stay on track?
This list is good, but I'm afraid that peanuts in all forms are a BIG no, no. Report Abuse

maybe sugar free candies? low fat/ sugar free/ low sugar ice cream/ popsicles. I would recommend meat and veggie stir frys for her meals. Egg stir fry or omelette for breakfast, Lunch- chili or beef stir fry Dinner: chicken stir fry/ beef stir fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment