Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you known any good puppy food/snack recipes? I want to make some homemade snacks for my 11 week puppy. Thx?

I have made some, and the dogs love them! My dogs seem to especially love the recipes with peanut butter in them. Here are some good sites, good luck!





http://www.dogbirthdaysandparties.com/co鈥?/a>





http://members.core.com/~swebb/Introduct鈥?/a>





http://www.dogandcollar.com/dog_recipes.鈥?/a>





Hope you find some great recipes for your pups!Do you known any good puppy food/snack recipes? I want to make some homemade snacks for my 11 week puppy. Thx?
The best and easiest treat to make for puppies is to get a size-appropriate KONG toy, stuff it, and freeze it.





My 4-month old basset mix, Humphrey, gets one medium-sized KONG every day. I stuff it every morning with this mixture:





1/2 a banana


2 TBS ultra lo-fat, no sugar added peanut butter


2 TBS Innova Evo Small Bites (his food - you can add whatever food your dog eats, obviously), softened with water


1 baby carrot


1 teaspoon water





I mix the banana, peanut butter, water and dry food together into a (disgusting) paste. Goop some of it into the KONG. Bury the carrot in the center, deep enough that it won't just fall out, but close enough to the big opening so that Humphrey can get to it. Then I seal the KONG up with the rest of the mixture, ziploc it, and freeze it for 4 hours.





It's a low-fat treat that takes minutes to make, feels great on his teething gums because it's frozen, is healthy and inexpensive, and - best of all - because it's frozen and the carrot is kind of buried, it takes him an hour to finish eating it!





Just make sure to wash the KONG in warm soapy water between uses.Do you known any good puppy food/snack recipes? I want to make some homemade snacks for my 11 week puppy. Thx?
On occasion i make things for babies as well here is a site i have used more then once for recipes


http://gourmetsleuth.com/moredogtreatrec鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment